CPIM part 2 certification review traning
This certification review training is focusing in helping the participant to cover the APICS Body of Knowledge for the second CPIM certification test in the most efficient way possible. The training includes many different tools and approaches to allow the students learn the Body of Knowledge and to prepare for the certification test.
- We have 6 full day instructor lead sessions using presentation material and class exercises.
- We have distributed these days over 3 sessions consisting of two days each to allow for some homework and preparation in-between each session.
- We offer two follow up Webinar sessions where we cover some homework and allow for questions to the instructors after the sessions are concluded.
- The instructor is available at the end of each session time period to help with issues and answer questions. The instructor will also review the progress of the students and do recap of essential learnings points.
- To explore the concepts learned we offer an optional business simulation training day in conjunction with the last session, using The Fresh Connection.
The focus in this certification review training is to ensure that the students make the cut, that means succeeds in the APICS certification test. This also puts requirements on the participants:
- College/university or vocational education with several years of experience in operations management. The student should be well acquainted with the Body of Knowledge.
- The training is focused in attaining the CPIM designation. If in doubt whether you have the correct pre-hand knowledge please catch up attending Logistikföreningen Plans other training offers.
- English reading and speaking skills (the training is conducted in English, the study material and exams are written in English)
- High degree of self-motivation to read and to do appointed exercises between sessions
- The training fee includes both the study material, learning system, instructor support and guidance, numerous quizzes and pre-tests, AND the admission for APICS CPIM Part 2 certification test value $690. Participating in the training without planning to do the certification testing is not allowed
- The training fee includes an optional full day business simulation training using the Fresh Connection value €6500.
Price and schedule
Price (number of days before start)
|0-30||39 000 SEK or 3900 EURO|
All prices excluding VAT.
CPIM part 1
The course is conducted in English and the course includes course materials and compendiums in English, which the participants must take advantage of before the course days. Participants are expected to use computer support to monitor their own progress in a Learning Management System.
Course materials, lunch and coffee are included in the course fee.
Travel and accommondation are not included.
2 + 2 + 2 days
Next course start,
3-4/3, 3/31-1/4, 5-6/5 in Stockholm
7/5 An optional complimentary day of Gamification with The Fresh Connection.
Content and outline
MODULE 1: Strategic Management of Resources
- Developing a Business Strategy
- Gathering and Analyzing Internal/External information
- Where will we compete
- How will we compete?
- Sustainability and Strategy
- Business Planning and Finance
- Costing Methods and Tools
MODULE 2: Master Planning of Resources
- Demand Management Principles
- Forecasting Techniques
- Customer Interface Management
- Sales and Operations Planning Principles
- S&OP Techniques
- Master Scheduling Principles
- Principles of Distribution Planning
- Distribution Planning Techniques
MODULE 3: Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Aggregate Inventory Management
- Itemized Inventory Policy
- Itemized Inventory Management
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Design
- Detailed Capacity Planning
- Managing and Applying CRP
- Managing Projects
- Planning Procurement and External Sources of Supply
MODULE 4: Execution and Control of Operations
- Execution of Operations
- Implementation and Capacity Controls
- Principles of Quality, Communication, and Continuous Improvements
- Quality, Communication, and Continuous Improvements Techniques
- Principles of Design Concepts and Trade-offs
- Techniques of Design Concepts and Trade-offs
During the course the official and most recent English course material is used:
- CPIM Part 2 on-line learning system platform
- CPIM Part 2 learning system course book printed reading material
APICS online learning system:
- Online exam questions and module specific tests
- Online glossary
- Concept tests (e-flashcards)
- Online study guide
- APICS CPIM practice exams and reports to be able to analyze the results
- Download course books for e-reader or tablet
- Viewer for CPIM powerpoint slides
- Study planning tool based on a knowledge test
- App: online dictionary
The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) course is a broad operations management course developed for professionals who want to gain knowledge about the following subjects:
- Production management
- Inventory management
- Supply Chain Management
- Demand management
- Quality control
- Strategy development from a business perspective
APICS Certified in Production & Inventory Management
APICS CPIM, Certified in Production & Inventory Management, is the international certification that distinguishes experts in Production and Inventory Management, in the broader context of Supply Chain management: for over 60 years, the CPIM credential has identified an elite of professionals who every day take decisions that are critical for the performance of their firms.
The APICS CPIM is designed for professionals wanting to affirm their knowledge about production and inventory management.
The designation is of great value for:
- Management team members involved in sales and operations planning
- Material managers responsible for the planning of available material
- Sales employees who are partially responsible for forecasting and/or demand management
- Operations managers who want to manage their organization on the basis of clearly defined rules
- Master planners responsible for the production planning
- Project managers responsible for projects to improve information and/or optimization of a production function
- Application Administrators responsible for the implementation and/or the functional management of ERP systems
APICS CPIM brings many benefits for both you as an Operations management professional and for the employer.
Benefits operations management professional:
- Improving and updating your knowledge of production and inventory management
- Conducting more accurate forecasts
- Getting recognition from colleagues and within your industry
- Increased efficiency of processes in your organization and distribution chain
- Streamlining corporate activities by an effective layout of information flow
- Higher profitability by optimizing inventory levels
- Optimization of the return on investment (ROI) for corporate systems and technologies