CPIM Part 1 (BSCM) certification review training based on blended learning
This certification review training is focusing in helping the participant to cover the APICS Body Of Knowledge for the first CPIM certification test in the most efficient way possible. Instead of using an instructor/classroom-based approach we use a blended style.
- We meet physically at least once to create a good study group where every individual is allowed to connect with their group and to their instructor. But we do most of the follow up and reviews using online tools (e-mail, web-conference, learning system).
- We don’t run through a Powerpoint deck in shortest possible time-span. We extent the course time frame to allow reading, doing exercises and knowledge checks.
- The instructor is available at the end of each session time period to help with issues and answer questions. The instructor will also review the progress of the students and do recap of essential learnings points.
- The blended learning style requires the participants to read provided material and perform exercises given. The participants will need to enter the review sessions prepared and the web-seminars only need to cover issues, ambiguities and reiterate the key learning points.
The focus in this certification review training is to ensure that the students make the cut, that means succeeds in the APICS certification test. The blended learning style is the most efficient way to enable the student to reach the needed level of proficiency. This puts requirements on the participants:
- College/university or vocational education with several years of experience in operations management. The student should be well acquainted with the Body Of Knowledge.
- The training is a short cut to attaining the CPIM designation. If in doubt whether you have the correct pre-hand knowledge please catch up attending Logistikföreningen Plans other training offers.
- English reading and speaking skills (the training is conducted in English, the study material and exams are written in English).
- High degree of self-motivation to read and to do appointed exercises between sessions.
- The training fee includes both the study material, learning system, instructor support and guidance, numerous quizzes and pre-tests, AND the admission for APICS CPIM Part 1 certification test value $690. Participating in the training without planning to do the certification testing is not allowed.
Price and schedule
Schedule for the 2019 fall semester
Kick-off physical meeting and seminar
First day Start-up 10:30 and sessions to 19:00 mutual dinner courtesy of Plan at 19:30
Second day 08:00 – 15:30
Lunch and refreshments included
Block booking used for the venue until 28 days before first day of training (hotel at conference center). Staying at the appointed hotel is preferable.
4 follow up online conference seminars
17/10, 7/11, 28/11, 17/12 (included in price).
Online learning system + printed course book and student slides (value $575), 2 days physical workshop luncheons and dinner included, instructor support and mentoring, and Exam credit (Value $690).
If the student registers as an APICS/ASCM plus member before or parallel with enrolling to this training, they can opt for the CPIM part 1 bundle. In this package both the learning system and Exam credit is bundled together with one included exam re-take opportunity free of charge (potential value $250). Also, we will make a deduction in the price for the training with 1.000 SEK or euro 100.
Content and outline
MODULE 1: Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Organization Fundamentals
- Operating Environments
- Matrix Product/Process
- Financial Fundamentals
- Manufacture Resource Planning
- Total Quality Management
- Impact of Environment on System Design and Deployment
- Customer Expectations and Definitions of Value
- Customer Relationships
- Demand Management and factors influencing Demand
- Forecasting Models
Transformation of Demand into Supply
- Design for transformation process
- Sale & Operations Planning
- Capacity Management
- Planning (purposes, inputs and outputs)
- Execution and Control
- Performance Measurements
- Inventory Management
- Functions of Inventory
- ABC analysis
- Economic Order quantity
- Purchasing & Supplier Relationship
- Physical Distribution System
During the course the official and most recent English course material is used:
- CPIM Part 1 on-line learning system platform
- CPIM Part 1 learning system course book printed reading material
- CPIM student printed copy course powerpoint slides
APICS online learning system:
- Online exam questions and module specific tests
- Online glossary
- Concept tests (e-flashcards)
- Online study guide
- APICS CPIM practice exams and reports to be able to analyze the results
- Download course books for e-reader or tablet
- Study planning tool based on a knowledge test
- App: online dictionary
The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) course is a broad operations management course developed for professionals who want to gain knowledge about the following subjects:
- Production management
- Inventory management
- Supply Chain Management
- Demand management
- Quality control
- Strategy development from a business perspective
APICS Certified in Production & Inventory Management
APICS CPIM, Certified in Production & Inventory Management, is the international certification that distinguishes experts in Production and Inventory Management, in the broader context of Supply Chain management: for over 60 years, the CPIM credential has identified an elite of professionals who every day take decisions that are critical for the performance of their firms.
The APICS CPIM is designed for professionals wanting to affirm their knowledge about production and inventory management.
The designation is of great value for:
- Management team members involved in sales and operations planning
- Material managers responsible for the planning of available material
- Sales employees who are partially responsible for forecasting and/or demand management
- Operations managers who want to manage their organization on the basis of clearly defined rules
- Master planners responsible for the production planning
- Project managers responsible for projects to improve information and/or optimization of a production function
- Application Administrators responsible for the implementation and/or the functional management of ERP systems
APICS CPIM brings many benefits for both you as an Operations management professional and for the employer.
Benefits operations management professional:
- Improving and updating your knowledge of production and inventory management
- Conducting more accurate forecasts
- Getting recognition from colleagues and within your industry
- Increased efficiency of processes in your organization and distribution chain
- Streamlining corporate activities by an effective layout of information flow
- Higher profitability by optimizing inventory levels
- Optimization of the return on investment (ROI) for corporate systems and technologies